Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cock-Eyed Optimism

Do you classify yourself as an optimist or pessimist? Just so we're on the "same page", optimism is defined as "A tendency to expect the best possible outcome or dwell on the most hopeful aspects of a situation". The key distinction is HOPE!


Now that the elections are over, (and isn't that in itself GOOD NEWS), no matter whether your choices will be in office, this situation is now out of our control. So it serves all of us better if we remain hopeful that positive change will come. The following is good advice.
"Give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Give me the courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other."

And as Michael Jackson pointed out in "Man in the Mirror", we do have complete influence in one key area:
"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change."

I, for one, am REALLY looking forward to 2013. And yes, please count me among the "cock-eyed".

No comments:

Post a Comment