Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In Pursuit of Happiness...

2012 is brand new and ready for you to blaze a trail to your goals and aspirations but as many wise people have said, it is more about the journey than the destination. Your vision sets your compass, your plan is your road to success, and your passion will power you forward. However, when it is all said and done, it's will be less about achieving your goals and more about finding YOURSELF.


I spent time with some amazing business people last night and though I got some great ideas about business, these are the two most important lessons (and commitments) I came away with...

1) Spend quality time alone. Read, meditate, pray, reflect to ensure you KNOW what it important to YOU and how you want to spend your time on this planet and what you will leave behind when you are gone. Erma Bombeck said "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and I could say 'I used everything you gave me'."

2) Spend time with quality people. Jim Rohn said "Get around people who have something of value to share with you. Their impact will continue to have a significant effect on your life long after they have departed." What's more, they guarantee to make your journey more challenging, rewarding, and community-connected because of the company you keep.

The influence of spiritual and association guidance will serve as a valuable GPS to keep you on track. Now, let's get this show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment